IPCC Inventory Software
The IPCC Inventory Software implements the simplest Tier 1 methods for all sectors and Tier 2 methods for most categories under Energy, IPPU and Waste Sectors as well as Agriculture categories under AFOLU Sector in the 2006 IPCC Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories (please see Tier2_coverage.xlsx). The TFI is currently working on making it compatible with the Tier 2 methods for the Land component of the AFOLU Sector.
This software has a number of improvements over the earlier software for the Revised 1996 IPCC Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories, which is not supported anymore.
- Inventory Software Ver 2.691 (released on 23 January 2020) >> Please read the note carefully before using the software.
- User Manual (Ver 2.691)
>> French version is available here, thanks to the cooperation of Government of Belgium.
>> Arabic version is also available here, thanks to the cooperation of Sidati Ould Dah Ould EIDA (CCPNCC).
When setting the password always set the password Hint too. It is highly recommended that you take note of your password and store it in a safe place, in case you lose or forget your password, the software does not have a mechanism to restore your password, this means that you can no longer access your database.
About options for using the IPCC Inventory Software with macOS, please refer to FAQ section below.
Help Desk: email
Frequently Asked Questions
1) General questions on the use of the IPCC Inventory Software.
A: The IPCC Inventory Software can run on a macOS in two ways (both involve purchasing a copy of MS Windows):
Using "Boot Camp Assistant" to install Windows and switch to MS Windows when rebooting. "Boot Camp Assistant" is part of macOS so that its use doesn't entail any additional cost;
- Using virtualization software that runs Windows OS on macOS without rebooting. Most common virtualization software are VMware, Fusion, Parallels Desktop, Virtual Box (free option), Wine, QEMU etc.
A: You can run the upgraded version without having to uninstall the older one (software will be upgraded automatically).
In order not to lose your data, any unforeseeable should occur, please implement the following steps:
- Before upgrading, make sure to backup your database as mdb file (go to Database>Save as), and also archive a copy of it;
- Upgrade the software;
- Open your backed-up version of the database in the upgraded software (go to Database>Open database);
- After opening database, the following message will appear: "Your database will be upgraded. It is strongly recommended to make a backup of the original database. Would you like to backup now?". Then please select "Yes" (backup of original database may be useful for archiving purpose, e.g. in case its copy does not exist).
2) Sector-specific questions on the use of the IPCC Inventory Software.